Thursday, June 19, 2008

Argentinians Become Vegitarians

Take a look at lunch...





Okay so for the explanation on the title of my blog:
Or so it is begging to look like it. Because of the problems with the farmers and the government, there is no milk in the stores and meet is becoming hard to get or it is very expensive.

I have to be brief on this blog, so the Condor information will have to wait for a later blog.

In about 2 weeks I will have finished the Baylor in Argentina program, and will be on my own as an exchange student in Argentina, therefore, I do not have any plans made for the weekends as I have had in the past. Therefore I have come up with several ideas of things to do on the weekends and will list a few below. but which should I do on which weekend? Well that is up to you! You decide where I will travel on the weekends!

Weekend Options:
  1. Visit all of Mendoza´s Plazas (1-2 Days)
  2. Wine Tour - Several wineries across a couple of days
  3. The Extreme Adventure - can´t really tell you what this is, but I think it is extreme...
  4. Visit the Serpentario (Snakes)
  5. Go Whitewater rafting
  6. Church tour in Mendoza
  7. Church tour in surrounding towns
  8. For a whole day travel on the Mendozian buses from one to another and keeping a journal for the day (more details later)
  9. Climb Aconcagua (Don´t pick this one, I can´t do it anyways :( )
  10. Stay at a winery for a couple days (tour, stay, eat, etc.)
  11. Visit El Palmar National Park in Entre Rios province (long trip)
  12. Ischigualasto Provincial Park in San Juan Province (easier trip)
  13. Valdés Peninsula in Chubut Province near the city of Puerto Madryn (medium trip)
  14. The 7 Lakes Route (unsure of trip duration) http://www.welcomeargentina.com/paseos/sietelagos_sma/index_i.html
  15. Perito Moreno Glacier (Very Long Trip - would require a plane trip) would really like to do this one, but I will probably save it till right before I return home.
  16. A trip to Ushuaia and the Beagle Canal and to watch the Penguins. This is the world´s 2nd southernmost city. (Very Very Long trip, this would also require a plane).
I will add more to the list as I think of them, if you have any ideas, please write to me and let me know about it. At some point I will have ya´ll vote for my first weekend, but for now you know what I am thinking of doing...

Time for me to go, next post will likely be next Sunday or Monday.

I have also been steadily uploading Córdoba pictures. So you might want to take a look at them. I have also made updates to my http://www.msbaylor.com website which now includes a calendar that reflects what I am doing in Argentina. I can be found a http://calendar.msbaylor.com.

As always: photos : videos : website

Also here is a quick video tour of the hostel that we stayed in, in Córdoba.
Sorry for the shakiness.

No comments: