Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 1

Hola! I have arrived, at my house. It is very beautiful here. I have to learn Spanish very quickly otherwise I might be stranded in a lake without a paddle. My "mom" doesnt speak any english, however, the son speaks a little and the daughter is fluent. I hope that this is not going to be too hard on our "mom." Mum, dad, i will be calling you later. My large bag didn´t make it to the plane from santiago, chile to Mendoza, Argentina, because our flight was late in arriving in santiago. but it is supposed to be in Mendoza later today: The other 3 guys that are with us, didn´t recieve any of their luggage, so i suppose iam better off than they are....

By the way I am 2 hours ahead of Tx time.

I am going to try to get a hold of the others that are near to me and discuss tomarrow, I am suppose to take the bus tomarrow, but I am not too keen on taking it by myself :/ Apparently there is a guy down the street that is being hosted as well, he is from Hawaii, if I am right about who he is, then we is also missing his luggage :/

Also my "mom" she is self employed. She basically sells all types of accesories for dogs - leashes, toys, beds, etc.

There is a computer at the house but it is dial-up, so I won´t be able to upload anything from here, but I can send e'mail from here.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes, the keyboard here is very different.

No comments: